How To Do Seated Calf Raises
Start by sitting down and placing your feet on the platform with your heels hanging off the back. Your feet should be roughly hip-width apart.
Next, slide your knees under the thigh pad until they’re about even with the front edge. Your knees should be about the same width as your feet.
Now push up on the thigh pad and tilt the safety catch out of the way. Then lower the weight by dropping your heels slowly until you feel a stretch in your calves.
From here, lift the weight by pushing up through the balls of your feet and raising your heels as high as possible. Then, squeeze your calves for a moment at the top.
Repeat for the desired number of reps before replacing the safety catch and setting down the weight.
To recap, here are the step-by-step directions:
- Sit on the seat and put your feet on the platform about hip-width apart
- Slide your knees under the thigh pad
- Lift and tilt the safety catch out of the way
- Lower the weight slowly until you feel a stretch in your calves
- Push through the balls of your feet and squeeze your calves to lift the weight
- Repeat for the desired number of reps and replace the safety catch