How To Do A Leg Press Calf Raise
To begin the exercise, sit in the leg press machine as you normally would. Then place the balls of your feet low on the platform so your heels hang off.
Next, lift the platform off the safety stops by extending your legs until they are nearly straight. You can leave the safety stops in place as long as you’re tall enough.
Allow your toes to come towards you while keeping your knees slightly bent. Lower the weight until you feel a stretch through your calves.
Now push through the balls of your feet and squeeze your calves as hard as you can. Pause for about one second at the top before beginning another rep.
Repeat for the desired number of reps and lower the platform to the safety stops.
To recap, here are the step-by-step directions:
- Place the balls of your feet low on the leg press platform
- Lift the platform off of the stops by extending your legs
- Lower the weight while keeping your legs relatively straight until you feel a stretch in your calves
- Push through the balls of your feet and squeeze your calves as hard as you can
- Pause for a second before beginning the next rep
- Repeat for the desired number of reps and lower the platform onto the safety stops