How To Do an Incline Dumbbell Fly
Start by setting the incline on your bench, if necessary. Then grab a pair of dumbbells and sit on the bench with the dumbbells on your thighs.
Next, lie back and hoist the dumbbells to your chest. From here, press the dumbbells until your arms are fully extended and perpendicular to the floor, with palms facing in.
Now, lower the dumbbells to each side while keeping your arms relatively straight. When your hands reach about chest level, lift the dumbbells to the starting position without bending your elbows.
Generally, you should maintain a neutral grip throughout the exercise with the palms of your hands facing up at the bottom and towards each other at the top.
Here is how to do an incline dumbbell fly step-by-step:
- Set the desired incline
- Grab dumbbells and lie back on the bench
- Press dumbbells to arm’s length with palms facing in
- Lower weight while only slightly bending your arms
- When your hands reach shoulder level, extend back to the top
- Repeat for the desired number of reps