Easy IIFYM Calculator

Create Your Free ‘If It Fits Your Macros’ Plan

The IIFYM diet is a simple approach to fat loss and muscle gain. But there’s one problem – how do you know what your macros should be?

Other IIFYM calculators are hard to use. Or they just spit out random macros in exchange for your email address. 😒

That’s why I made an easy and personalized IIFYM calculator. You’ll get goal-specific macros customized to your lifestyle and schedule.

iifym calculator

IIFYM Calculator Instructions

1st Page – Body Type

  1. Use the slider to enter your current body weight in pounds
  2. Choose your gender (you’ll notice the picture changes)
  3. Use the picture and slider to enter your current body fat percentage
  4. Select the best description of your body type

Need help? Take the Body Type Quiz

2nd Page – Activity Level

  1. Choose your normal daily activity level
  2. Select how many days per week you exercise
  3. Use the slider to select how many minutes you exercise
  4. Choose the type of exercise you do

3rd Page – Preferences

  1. Select the time of day you normally exercise
  2. Choose your fitness goal

4th Page – Get Your Plan

Create your free account and get access to your plan and other helpful tools.

What Is IIFYM?

In case you’re just starting out, IIFYM stands for If It Fits Your Macros. The idea is to target specific amounts of carbohydrates, protein, and fat each day.

By tracking macros you can manage your weight without overly restrictive dieting. Of course, nutrition is more complex than that. But IIFYM does have benefits.

IIFYM Benefits

The number one benefit of IIFYM is simplicity. All you really have to do is count macros.

3 Easy Steps to Count Macros

iifym calculator - how to count macros

But the real reason IIFYM works is calorie balance. That’s because each gram of carbs, fat, and protein has a set number of calories.

So by hitting your macros, you’re also controlling your calorie intake. Together, macros and calories account for about 60% of the nutrition puzzle.

However, if you stop there, you’re missing 40% of the pieces!

Limitations of IIFYM

While it can work, IIFYM is not a substitute for healthy food choices. In other words, you can’t eat pizza and donuts every day and expect to transform your body just because it fits your macros.

In order to optimize your results, you must also pay attention to the foods you eat. And be aware of the fact that when you eat matters.

iifym calculator - nutrition

How the IIFYM Calculator Works

Finding Your Calorie Target

It’s important to realize that your macros are dictated by your calorie target. And your calorie target depends on how many calories you burn.

To find out how many calories you burn, my IIFYM calculator helps you find your body composition and body type. Then calculates your base metabolic rate (BMR).

Next, you input your activity level and exercise habits. This leads us to your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE). A fancy way of saying how many calories you burn.

iifym calculator tdee

Finding Macros From Calories

All that’s left is to convert from calories to macros by finding your ideal macronutrient ratio.

Your macro ratio depends on your fitness goal. So, you choose whether you want to burn fat, build muscle, or do a little of both (recomposition).

Finally, we arrive at your ideal macro targets for transforming your body. These targets are expressed in terms of grams per day of each macronutrient.

IIFYM calculator

After completing the IIFYM calculator, you’ll be taken to your results page. Here you’ll see your IIFYM targets (in grams) for days you workout as well as days you rest.

Plus, you have the option to sign up for a personalized IIFYM Diet Plan.

Get Your IIFYM Diet Plan

Once you find your macros, you have about 60% of the nutrition puzzle solved. The remaining 40% is what you eat and when you eat.

With a Custom Meal Plan you’ll know exactly what to eat for every meal. You’ll get goal-specific macros and calories as well as a daily menu.

Plus recipes formulated to fit your plan so there’s no macro counting required!

iifym meal plan
  • Transform your body with goal-specific calories & macros
  • Easily plan meals with a daily menu built around your schedule
  • Simplify meal prep with delicious recipes formulated to fit your macros
  • Make better food choices with a grocery list right on your phone
Customize Your Plan

Find Your Macros for Weight Loss

Learn how to calculate macros for weight loss and try the free macro calculator. Get the best ratio of carbs, fat, and protein to lose weight.

Share with your community and get the conversation started!

By |August 17, 2020|calculators|0 Comments